Sportsx9.com, a leading platform for online cricket betting and sports betting, provides its 2024 predictions for the future of the betting industry. As technology advances and generations shift, Sportsx9 expects to see major changes in how people engage with sports betting.
Growth of Mobile Betting
With smartphones being the primary device for most internet users today, Sportsx9 predicts mobile betting will dominate in 2024. Key trends include:
- Over 80% of bets placed online will happen via mobile apps instead of desktop.
- Sportsbooks will optimize sites and apps completely for mobile use – implementing features like one-touch payments.
- 5G connectivity will provide faster speeds for live online cricket betting and in-game betting.
- Betting apps that offer the best user experience will gain the most market share.
Rise of eSports Betting
eSports like Dota 2, Counter-Strike and League of Legends are becoming mainstream competitive events with huge prize pools. Sportsx9 expects betting on eSports to gain popularity:
- The eSports betting market will grow over 200% from 2022 to 2024.
- Sportsbooks will add many more eSports matches and tournament betting options.
- Live, in-play betting will be very popular for eSports with fast-paced action.
- Popular video game streamers will likely be sponsored by sports betting brands.
Emerging technologies like blockchain, IoT devices and virtual reality will intersect with the betting industry:
- Blockchain-based sports betting sites will provide new options for bettors and improve transparency.
- Smartwatches, fitness trackers and other wearables will be used for real-time betting.
- Virtual reality will enable immersive live betting experiences and commentary.
- Some autonomous self-driving cars may have built-in betting capabilities.
Government policies regarding sports betting are constantly evolving globally. Expected 2024 developments include:
- Several U.S. states like Texas, Florida and Massachusetts will legalize online sports betting – joining over 30 other states.
- Countries like India, Brazil, Japan and Thailand could introduce new regulated online betting markets.
- The U.K. is expected to implement tighter control and oversight over the betting sector.
- Most countries will introduce more responsible gambling initiatives.
Utilizing advanced analytics, Sportsx9 expects sportsbooks to offer ultra-customized user experiences:
- Predictive modeling will power real-time, customized bonuses and promotions.
- Bets will be tailored to bettors’ interests and behaviors detected by A.I.
- Greater personalization for things like notifications, bet recommendations and loyalty programs.
- Chatbots and virtual assistants will deliver a high-touch customer experience.
The future promises exciting innovations in how humans engage with sports betting. Sportsx9.com will be here covering all the latest developments through 2024 and beyond.