While operating QuickBooks, users sometimes face errors and issues. After all QuickBooks is just software and is prone to problems just like other software programs. One of such errors is the error H505. If you are facing issues like QuickBooks error H505, QuickBooks company file error H505, and QuickBooks Multi-user error H505, then keep on reading this article to successfully fix this error. Here, we are going to talk about what is the error about and what are the steps to fix it.
Having difficulty understanding the steps or are unable to troubleshoot? Don’t worry. Our technical team can assist you with this. Call our +1 800-579-9430 to get in touch.
When Does The QuickBooks Error H505 Occur?
When users access QuickBooks using the multi-user mode, sometimes network issues arise. The QuickBooks error H202, H505, H101, and H103 usually means that the multi-user connection to your server is blocked and your computer is not able to connect with the other computer using the host network.
Fixing the H505 Error
Here are some steps that can help you fix the error –
Step 1 – Running the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Run the QuickBooks database server manager to help fix error code H505 QuickBooks –
- Download and install the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Open the file and install it by following the on-screen steps and then open the tool hub.
- Select Network issues > QuickBooks Database Server Manager > Start Scan. Your firewall permissions will be repaired. Close after the scan finishes.
- Select Company File Issues from the tool hub, then run the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- A drop-down menu will appear. Select your company file. Select Check your File > Continue. Enter your admin password and then press Next.
Step 2 – Checking Server Services
Ensure that QuickBooks services are running on your computer. Here’s how you do that –
- Open Run from the Windows Start Menu. Type “services.msc” and press Enter.
- Next, double-click on QuickBooksDBXX from the appeared list. Choose Automatic as the startup type. Then select Start.
- On the Recovery Tab, three drop-down menus will appear. Select Restart the Service for each of them. Select Apply > OK.
Check if the error is resolved otherwise, move to the next step.
Step 3 – Service addition to the Windows Admin Group
On the server computer, give admin permissions to QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService. Open QuickBooks on your workstation and server computer to check if the error is resolved.
Step 4 – Firewall Configuration
Ensure that your server computer settings allow QuickBooks through your Firewall. After setting the firewall permissions, open QuickBooks and go to File > Switch to Multi-user Mode.
Step 5 – Pinging your Server
Check the connection by pinging your server from a workstation.
- On your server and workstations, type “Network” on the start menu.
- Click on Network and Sharing Center > Change Advanced Sharing Settings. Then turn on Network discovery.
- Next, get your server name from your server and test the server by going back to your workstation.
Step 6 – Adding your Server to the Windows Host File
Lastly, try adding your server to the Windows host file to solve this error. After you are done, open QuickBooks on your workstation to see if the error is fixed.
Try fixing QuickBooks error H505 by following the given solutions. If the Error H505 persists even after troubleshooting, you might need professional help. Get in touch with our technical team by dialing our +1 800-579-9430 for assistance with this issue.