How to Troubleshoot HP Printer not Scan Issue
HP Printer does not Scan on the computer. This issue can be caused by either the scanning being disabled on your PC or the scanning driver is not installed properly. To fix this problem, you need to enable the scanning feature on your PC. Learn How to Troubleshoot the default password for hp printer on Mac PC.
- Look for the model number of the HP printer model within Windows.
- Click on the name of the printer from the result list. This will start HP Printer Assistant.
- Enable scanner actions. Choose the option Manage Scans on Computer.
- Click the Enable button to initiate the scan for the computer.
Steps to Troubleshoot HP Printer not Scan Issue
Despite the high-end design, performance may suffer due to incorrect settings. If you have faced this problem often, then you should read this article. You will be able to repair the HP printer not scanning using these steps. Let’s explore its causes and solutions.
- Verify Printer Compatibility
Despite the latest software, it is not working. There is a compatibility problem with the model of the printer. You will need to determine if you are an HP Printing model that works with the latest OS. You can check it on HP’s website. If you find that the model you choose is not incompatible with Windows 10. If this is the case, the only option left is to upgrade the printer.
- Reinstalling HP Printer Software
Your printer software might run with an older firmware that is no longer compatible with the scanning feature. In this case, you will need to update your HP printer software to resolve why this HP printer will not scan. The drivers used for the scanning process become obsolete with the passage of time and can cause problems if not updated. Therefore, upgrading HP printer software and drivers is a must. Below are the steps required to obtain your HP Printer Software?
- Use the Windows R key to launch the Run box.
- Type ‘appwiz’. CPL’ text box, then click OK.
- Choose to download HP printer software from the program’s options as well as from the features in Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall and click the Yes button. Restart your PC after uninstalling your HP printer software.
- HP Printers Remove HP Printers from the list of available printers and scanners. Removing the printer is simple. Simply go to Settings > Printers & Scanners. Select the HP printer model you want to get rid of. Click Remove device.
- Open the HP Support page. Click the model of the printer you want to use in the search field.
- The most up-to-date and compatible drivers and software page will appear. Choose the appropriate Windows 10 version whether it is 32 bit or 64 bit.
- Download and install the latest driver for the printer model you have.
- There is a good chance that the printer will start scanning and printing normally.
- Use the HP Print and Scan Troubleshooter
HP’s official support application includes HP Print and Scan Doctor. This identifies the problem and fixes the issue related to HP scanners and printers. You can use HP Print and Scan Doctor to solve problems with scanning.
- Make sure you can connect the printer via USB or wired to your PC.
- Download the HP Printer & Scan Doctor app from the official HP customer support site.
- Double click on HPPSdr.exe and click Run.
- Start the software window. Select the Start button, and then choose the Fix Scanning option. A troubleshooter can identify the problem in a matter of minutes. If errors are found by the program it will guide you through the next steps to guide you through the HP Printer Scan won’t repair the problem.
- Disable Windows Defender Firewall
Sometimes, the firewall blocks the port of the network printer which stops communication. It is therefore recommended to turn off or disable this feature. Windows Defender Firewall or any other antivirus software installed on the PC. By following the steps below, you can turn off Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click Search and type firewall.
- Open Control Panel and look for Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click Turn Windows Defender Firewall Off.
- HP Print and Scan Doctor can also be used to deactivate WDF.
- Most antivirus programs have options to turn them off or on. So, you can turn off your antivirus software to fix the problem.
- Removing Corrupted Files
Incomplete and corrupted files can cause problems with HP printers that won’t scan problems occur with HP printers. You can use System File Checker Scan. It can repair or delete the damaged file. HP scanners not working due to the bad driver and system files. Below are the steps to perform a System File Checker scan.
- Open command terminal
- Enter the command DISM.exe /Online/Cleanup-image/restore health’
- Press the Return key before starting the SCF scan. Press the Return button before starting the SCF scan. Enter ‘SFC/scannow’ in the command prompt. Press enter key
- The process will start and it will take about minutes.
- Restart the computer scanning issues should be resolved by now.
- Enabling Windows Image Acquisition Service
The most important scanning service is the Windows Image Acquisition Service. This service can help resolve an issue caused by that HP printer not scanning to the computer. If you want to activate the WIA service, you need to follow these steps.
- To open the Run box by simultaneously hitting Windows + R keys.
- Enter ‘services.msc’ in the Run box. Press the OK button.
- Double-click Windows Image Acquisition to open the window.
- Choose Automatic from the drop-down menu, and then click OK.
- Remote Procedure Call, DCOM, ROC Endpoint Mapped are scanning tools for Windows.
We hope your HP Printer not scan Issue can be resolved by following the above steps. If, for any reason, the scanning problem persists, please call the technical team to get assistance.